Data, Privacy and Protection
AT PLUTO, THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF YOUR DATA IS IMPORTANT
We want to reassure you that we are taking the best possible care of your data.
Student and Staff Data
- All data provided by you remains owned by you.
- Pluto will never sell any of your data.
- Pluto will never share any of your data with any third party except where required for facilitating the creation of student lists, and only with third parties that protect your data in the same manner as Pluto.
- Your data shall only be used to facilitate the creation of student lists.
- Pluto will allow you to view and update your data within a reasonable timeframe.
- Pluto will dispose of your data within a reasonable period when it is no longer required, or at your request.
- Pluto will use industry best practices in the security and protection of your data.
- Pluto will ensure your data is backed up.
- Pluto may anonymise your data, and keep this anonymised data for any lawful purpose including development, improvement, and training.
Pluto adheres to the guidelines and requirements outlined by FERPA, PPRA, and GDPR so you can have peace-of-mind that we are looking after your data.
Pluto can also provide End-to-End Encryption, to ensure that even if the worst were to happen, your information would be safe.
If Pluto or one of Pluto’s sub-processors was to become compromised or have a data breach, attackers would only have access to (at most) anonymous and encrypted data. All Personally Identifiable Information (including but not limited to name, ethnicity, age, and school ID) is encrypted under a password known only by you and your staff.
This also means that Pluto, its employees, or sub-processors can't view or retrieve any Personally Identifiable Information about any students or staff.
End-to-End Encryption has the pitfall of meaning that if you were to lose your End-to-End Encryption password, your data would not be able to be recovered (even by Pluto), and would be permanently lost/encrypted. Because of this, we will enable End-to-End Encryption only at your specific request.
Interest-Based Online Advertising
The Pluto application does not store or provide any information that may be used for 3rd party advertising.