EASY PROCESS. FAST RESULTS.
Pluto works with data from your SMS, together with insights and input from your teachers, to create optimally balanced class lists.
Principals create and define variables that will determine student placements in class lists at your school.
Watch our video to see how you can customise Pluto to your school’s needs.
Teachers complete academic, behavioural, social and any other necessary information for the students in their current class.
This information, in combination with the priorities set by your management staff, is what Pluto will use to place students.
See our sample student card, keeping in mind that all the variables and labels on the card are customisable to your school.
Pluto’s school-smart algorithm does all the heavy lifting, automatically generating balanced classes based on your school’s needs. In doing so, Pluto:
- minimises the time required to create class lists,
- reduces the complexity in the process,
- supports you in creating balanced classes with justified student placements.
Though a digital solution, Pluto does not compromise the “human touch”, because ultimately when it comes to class lists, we recognise that you know your students, your school and your goals best.
Once Pluto has generated your class lists, you can move students between classes as needed and Pluto’s conflict indicators will alert you of any issues with the new placement.
Have peace of mind knowing that all your students’ individual needs have been considered and you’ve created optimally
balanced classes for next year.
See what our customers are saying about Pluto.
- A good range of ability in all classes
- Group students based on their reading levels and numeracy stages
- Special needs students can be assigned to specific teachers
- Handpick students for a smaller class e.g. learning support, or gifted and talented
- Match student needs to teacher traits e.g. needs teacher with strength in writing
- Negative combinations of students can be separated. Pluto will retain this history from year to year.
- Handpick students to match specific teachers
- A fair balance of behavior based on teachers' input
- Equal class sizes
- Suitable students for a new graduate teacher
- Recommended friendships or learning buddies can be placed together. Pluto will retain this history.
- Students that must be together will be (such as twins or students with high needs)
- An even split of boys and girls
- English language learners can be placed together
- An even balance of ethnicity
So, you've tried our demo and would like to introduce Pluto to your school. What's next?
Complete the sign up form on our website.
Just before you're needing Pluto set up we will send you details about what information we require from your School Information Management System.
We'll send you a link to our Setup Wizard and can arrange a time to go through this with you over the phone. This is where you customize your student card and select what you want Pluto's algorithm to prioritize.
We'll send you your teacher login details and a tutorial video explaining how teachers complete their part and you're ready to go!